GFTU Income Protection Plus
20% discount off your first two years’ premiums*
Could you afford to keep up with your financial commitments if you were unable to work due to illness or injury?
Life is unpredictable. No one likes to think about the unexpected, but a surprising amount of people in the UK would fall upon serious financial trouble in the event of a debilitating illness or injury.
That’s why we have chosen to work with PG Mutual to offer Income Protection Plus; a plan that you can tailor to suit your individual needs and which pays you a regular income if you can’t work due to illness or injury. Cover isn’t just provided for short-term illness or injury either, the plan provides you with an income until you can return to work or up to the age of 65 (whichever comes first).
What do I get with GFTU Income Protection Plus?
- Cover up to 70% or £1,200 per week of your income (whichever is lower)
- No waiting period – cover starts as soon as your first contribution paid
- No penalty for making a claim and no limit to the number of claims you make
- Profit Share Account – any profits are shared with members
- 97% of new claims paid over the last 3 years (2016-2018)
And the plus:
- Enhanced Loyalty Bonus** - aims to provide your loved ones with a minimum capital sum of £10,000 and six months of income cover if you die before the maturity of your policy
- GP 24/7 - Free current access to a 24/7 app-based GP service putting healthcare in the palm of your hand with instant access to a GP – anytime, anywhere
- PLUS … as an extra bonus, all policy holders have free access to a member benefits scheme currently providing a wide range of discounts and cashback on leading brands such as Currys PC World, EE, M&S and Virgin Active and much more.
I don’t need income protection, I get sick pay through my employer
You may be entitled to sick pay or benefits but this may only support you for a short period of time. What happens if that runs out whilst you are still recovering?
The government will help me with my finances if I am off sick
You can get £94.25^ per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if you’re too ill to work. It’s paid by your employer for no more than 28 weeks and Employment and Support Allowance for the self-employed is only around £73.10^ per week for 13 weeks.
I don’t think I can afford income protection
You can tailor a GFTU Income Protection Plus plan to suit your budget and needs.
Telephone: 01727 228566
For full Terms and Conditions, please visit www.pgmutual.co.uk
*For full terms and conditions, visit www.pgmutual.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
**Applies to existing members as well.
The General Federation of Trade Unions Educational Trust is an Introducer Appointed Representative of PG Mutual, which is the trading name of Pharmaceutical & General Provident Society Limited.
Pharmaceutical & General Provident Society Ltd is a Friendly Society incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered Number 462F. Registered office: 11 Parkway, Porters Wood, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL3 6PA. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Firm Reference Number 110023.