Please note applications by completed application form only, CVs or Agency referrals will NOT be accepted.
Maintenance Technician (Full Time) £19k-£21k depending upon experience.
Duties and responsibilities.
- To ensure high standards of property and site maintenance are achieved as agreed with management.
- Undertake painting and decorating, repairs and planned maintenance to ensure the effective upkeep of the hotel, gardens, rental properties and GFTU offices to a safe and high standard.
- Apply knowledge and experience of site maintenance, electrical work, plumbing and carpentry to the role as required, liaising with the site manager and external contractors when specialist work is needed.
- Operating within the organisation’s policies and procedures and the legislative requirements of the role, ensuring that safety and work-related qualifications are maintained up to date.
- Respond to feedback from staff, customers and management in a timely manner to ensure the standards of maintenance do not detract from the overall experience of people using the premises.
- Perform daily monitoring checks and either resolve issues or escalate concerns regarding maintenance to management so that remedial action or longer-term solutions can be planned.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the role from time to time as may be required requested by a member of management.
Person specification. Essential.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Positive outlook and determination to succeed.
- High levels of professionalism.
- Ability to work in a team and alone.
- Ability to prepare a preventative maintenance schedule and executes in a timely fashion.
- General understanding of resources equipment and tools used for maintenance and the upkeep of the site.
- Experience and understanding of operating within the legislative framework of the role including health and safety, manual handling, safe use of equipment and materials, etc.
- Qualified trades person (electrician, plumber, painter and decorator etc.).
- Current first aid, COSHH and health and safety qualifications.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
To view an application form click here.
To view the job description click here.
All applicants must be returned to Ian Richards, Operations Manager at GFTU, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be returned by 12 noon Monday 28th September 2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 5th October 2020.