Voice have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Union Officer to join their growing team based in Derby, Derbyshire.
Job Title: Trade Union Officer
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £28,171 per annum, with increments up to £33,077 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time – 35 Hours per week
Do you have experience of acting as a workplace trade union representative?
Are you passionate about the trade union movement and organising?
Are you confident in promoting trade unions and representing individuals on casework?
Why not join Voice and make a difference to our members!
Voice is a not for profit trade union for members working in education, early years & the childcare sector. Our annual salary starts at £28,171 pa, with increments up to £33,077 pa, based on a 35-hour week.
This role is based at the Head Office in Derby, with requirement for travel to meetings and provide casework support, by phone or in person, for members who are based throughout the UK. A driving licence and use of a car is essential, however for long distance business travel a lease car can be provided.
Trade Union Officer – Key Responsibilities:
– Undertake casework; advising and supporting members, throughout the UK
– Develop organising structures to build membership density
– Undertake specific member recruitment activities and seek opportunities to recruit new members
– Participating in the growth of Union Learning Reps
– Supporting members in challenging situations
– Act, in rotation with other colleagues, as telephone Duty Officer
– Assist in the preparation and delivery of training for staff and activists
– Represent our union at consultation/negotiation meetings with local, regional or national employer bodies or organisations
– Develop a specialty within the section, depending upon your skill set and opportunities
– Participate in the compilation of official responses
Trade Union Officer – You:
– Experience of acting as a full time or workplace trade union representative
– Good knowledge of UK employment legislation
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
– Effective listening skills and good interpersonal skills to build and develop networks
– IT skills to retrieve and enter basic data, communicate with members and head office
– Full driving licence
– Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
– Experience in the education or early years sector
– Experience of supporting lay activists including Union Learning Representatives
– Experience of organising
– Current knowledge of education issues
Trade Union Officer – Benefits:
– 25 days annual leave and bank holidays, with additional office closure days
– Contributory pension scheme
– Free onsite parking
– Childcare Vouchers
– Health care cash plan (paid for by the organisation)
– Long Service Awards
To submit your CV for this exciting Trade Union Officer opportunity, please click here and select the ‘Apply’ now pink button to register online and submit your CV.